Welcome to the Vikings Wiki
Vikings is your one-stop-shop for all things libre.
- We sell and service a carefully curated list of freedom-respecting computers and devices that are made to work well with FLOSS software.
- We operate a libre-friendly hosting platform and provide customized solutions for your hosting needs.
This community-driven wiki provides documentation about but is not limited to:
- Howtos regarding Vikings' hosting solutions, infrastructure and services;
- Vikings hardware and software sold at the Vikings Shop, for example Vikings' secure laptops;
- Optimization and howtos concerning GNU, Linux, coreboot, BIOS/UEFI flashing instructions and tips and tricks around libre-friendly hardware in general.
How this wiki works
Someone with basic knowledge of a topic should be able to quickly follow the instructions provided; sort of the easiest way to achieve a goal in an exemplary manner. It shouldn't be about explaining things down to the smallest detail. This is also a great way to start a new article and then improve and expand over time.
Everyone is welcome to edit and add new contributions
Registration is required to keep vandalism to a minimum. Registrations can be anonymous. You only need to provide input into the following form fields:
- username – your login handle
- real name – can be anything, really. E.g. your IRC handle if you have that, or the username you chose above - it doesn't have to be your real name
- valid email address – your login password (or rather a link to set it up/reset) will be sent to this address
Computers, devices and accessories available from the Vikings Shop
- Email for sales and pre-sales (ticket system): hello at vikings dawt net
- Email for general feedback: feedback at vikings dawt net
- XMPP: xmpp:email@example.com?join