Table of Contents
ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 Docking Stations
To our knowledge, the following docking station options exist for the Thinkpad X230 (sold at Vikings as bold text).
All Lenovo docking stations for the X230 come with 1x VGA, 1x Ethernet (RJ-45) and 1x Kensington Lock.
ThinkPad Port Replicator
- ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3 with USB 3.0 (Type 433615W, FRU ?), 4x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 with USB 3.0 (Type 433715U, FRU ?), 5x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, DVI-D, DP, Microphone in, Audio out
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0, 2x DVI, 2x DP, Microphone in, Audio out
- (Type 433815U (came with 90W PSU), FRU 04W3939)
- (Type 433835U (came with 170W PSU, FRU 04W3939)
- ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Serie 3 with eSATA (Type 4338, FRU 04W1815), 6x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA, 2x DVI, 2x DP
- ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 (Type 0B67692, FRU 04W6846), 4x USB 2.0, 1x DP, Microphone in, Audio out
Built-in USB 3.0 ports issues with SATA adapters
It has been reported 1) 2) 3) that the two USB 3.0 ports on the left appear to suffer from read and write errors when USB to SATA adapters are being used on any supported coreboot version with a SeaBIOS payload.
USB 3.0 sticks work fine and the USB 2.0 port on the right does not have this problem.
This may be isolated to the SeaBIOS payload.
This is being investigated; we'll update this article once we know more.